Best Breast Pump for the Busy Mommy
Breastfeeding is one of the most important roles of a mother. Since it has a lot of benefits for the lactating baby, exclusive breastfeeding is recommended for the first 6 months of the child. While others prefer to do it until the baby reaches the age of 2. And to achieve this, a mom will need the best breast pump available in the market.
Best Breast Pump Reviews
Right here, we will review some of the best electric pumps and manual pumps available in the market.
This Medela Pump In Style Advanced Double Electric Pump comes with a beautiful tote bag where you can pick up and store it quickly. This product was designed to be used a few times a day while maintaining your milk whether at home or work. With the help of Medela’s Pump, you can guarantee that your child is receiving the nutrients of your breastmilk anytime she needs it. This pump is high-tech, portable, and very easy to use. It features a 2-Phase Expression technology patented by the company. This technology used by Medela pump has been proven to pump more milk quickly, so you don’t have to spend hours pumping. Every part of Medela Pump In Style Advanced Double Pump is free from BPA, DEHP, and other phthalates.
- Reusable Tote Bag – the on-the-go tote bag features a built-in pump, built-in bottle holder, and tubing storage pocket
- Battery Powered – you can use this pump anywhere with 8 AA batteries
- Adjustable Suction Knob – the suction knob can be adjusted so you can find your best and comfortable pump setting
- Fast Pumping Session – you can pump more milk quickly which means you have extra time to do other tasks at home or work
- Double pumping – your child can enjoy more milk since expression can be done with both breasts at the same time
This Medela Pump In Style Advanced Double Electric Pump features a 2-Phase Expression technology which means every mother who uses the product can feel a natural feeding experience while pumping. The two distinct phases of feeding a child are present in this Medela freestyle pump. The stimulation mode which happens when the child sucks the breast faster so the milk can start flowing. And the second is the expression phase which happens after the milk flow starts and the baby’s sucking goes slower.
Medela’s Pump In Style Advanced Double Electric Pumps come with a breast shield and a portable double pump and adjustable suction knob so you can find your most comfortable setting when you do the pump. Since this product comes with a rechargeable battery pack, you can use it anywhere you are.
This Lansinoh Signature Pro Double Pump is one of the best choices when it comes to an electric breast pump. It features breast shields, 3 styles for pumping and 8 adjustable speed and suction levels so you can choose the best setting for you. Lansinoh breast pumps come with fewer parts so you can assemble and clean them easily.
- Easy to clean – this pump has a closed-system design which means you have fewer parts to clean
- Pumping Styles – you can choose from the 3 styles for pumping so you can match your child’s feeding pattern
- 2-Phase Technology – it features 2 phases which are stimulation mode and expression mode
- Battery Powered – you can use this electric pump using 6 AA batteries which makes it a good choice for traveling
- Lightweight – the product weighs 612g
This BPA and BPS-free breast pump features advanced technology at an affordable price. Since it has 3 pumping styles and 8 adjustable speed and suction strength, you can easily choose the right setting for you. It comes with a closed-system design which means you have fewer parts to clean. The design will prevent the growth of molds and bacteria inside the pump.
You can choose to use double pumps with an AC adaptor or 6 AA batteries. You can use this product at home or while you are traveling. Mom on-the-go will love this pump because of its quiet motor and compact size.
This Philips Avent Comfort Single Electric Breast Pump will allow you to pump milk quickly and easily with a button. A quiet and compact pump that is best for expression anytime.
This electric breast pump from Philips Avent comes with a soft massage cushion for stimulating milk flow and a power cushion so you can have an additional suction. The product is very easy to assemble and clean and has 3 expression settings. With this breast pump, you can sit, relax, and enjoy a pumping session for your child’s milk.
- Lightweight – the product weighs 903g, which is lighter than the other pumps
- Natural bottle and nipples – when you purchase this Philips Avent pump, it will come with a natural bottle and nipples
- Quiet Pump – you can pump the other side of your breast while you are lactating your child
- Easy to set up – it comes with a manual that will help you in using the product
- Easy to clean – since it features a closed system, it is easier to clean
A quiet and compact pump that any mother would love to have. It has 3 expression settings so you can choose the most comfortable and effective solution for you. You can pump milk anytime because it is easy to set up and it has a clean closed system. The product also comes with Avent natural bottle and nipple for a more natural latch.
If you are looking for a breast milk extractor that will allow you to extract milk in the most natural way, then you should go for NatureBond Silicone Breastfeeding Manual Breast Pump. This product doesn’t use artificial mechanical pumps. Instead, it is using a suction strength to pump out milk. It has a sleek and soft silicone design so every mom can feel the comfort of lactating. NatureBond’s manual breast pump comes with a silicone breast pump stopper, velvet pouch, and dust cover lid. For a mother who travels often or enjoys expressing while lactating her child, this NatureBond Silicone Breast Pump is a must-have.
- Lightweight – since this is a silicone breast pump that only comes with dust cover and velvet pouch, it is very light and only weight 200g
- Easy to use – you don’t have to stress yourself on how to use this pump. The instruction is very straightforward and you can use it at home or while traveling
- Portable breast pump – since it is lightweight, you can bring this pump wherever you go
- Air-tight packaging – guarantee the safety of the product as you purchase because of the air-tight vacuum packaging
- Easy to clean – it comes with 4 different parts that require proper maintenance
This extremely soft, comfortable, and safe pump is a must for every mother. Whether you only love the idea of manual pumping or you need a backup for your electric breast pump, you should go and get this NatureBond Silicone Breastfeeding Manual Breast Pump. Aside from its silicone breast pump stopper, dust cover lid, and velvet pouch, the product also comes with a pump strap to increase the safety measure and prevent breast milk spillage. This manual breast pump is a great value for your money.
This Lansinoh manual breast pump can give you the convenience and peace that you will need with pumping at an affordable price. This product is best for mothers who pump occasionally or those who love pumping anywhere. Since this manual breast pump is lightweight and does not require electric power, it is the best baby accessory while traveling.
Another great thing about this manual breast pump is it features two-phase technology that is commonly used with electric breast pumps. You can easily adjust the pump’s handle and switch it between the stimulation and expression phases.
- Lightweight – the product weighs 159g, which is incredibly light
- Portable – since this is lightweight and you don’t need electric power to use the pump, you can bring it anywhere without a problem
- Ideal pumping – this manual breast pump comes with dual-mode pumping and has 2 flange sizes
- 2-Phase Technology – you can easily switch from the stimulation phase to expression phase by adjusting the pump’s handle
- Convenient – you can pump directly into your pre-sterilized milk storage bag making it convenient and fast for you
Lansinoh manual breast pump has an ergonomic easy-express handle that provides a comfortable positioning while pumping. It also comes with 2 sizes of flange or breast shields – the standard (25 mm) and large (30.5 mm) – to guarantee a suction and pumping comfort. Lansinoh’s collection of milk bottles was designed to perfectly fit the full breast pump, milk storage, and baby bottle feeding range. With its NaturalWave nipple and cover, you can directly feed your child with the same container that you used for pumping.
This silicone breast pump from Haakaa offers a simple way of pumping. The company supports lactating mothers through their products that can be used easily, directly, and effectively. This breast pump is100% safe, soft, comfortable, and easy to use and can bring a change with your lactating routine.
Another thing that moms love about this Haakaa silicone breast pump is that it can fit inside any handbag or baby bag. This can be the best travel pump for you and your child!
- Lightweight – this product is extremely light with a weight of 109g
- Portable – bring it anywhere you want without any trouble since it can fit inside your handbag or baby bag
- Easy to use – using this pump is very easy since you don’t need batteries or electric power
- Easy to clean – when cleaning this silicon breast pump, you can use a dishwasher and sterilized it afterward
- Environment-friendly – it is not only safe for the mother and the child, but this pump is also green-friendly
A compact pump that you can bring anywhere. Long-distance trips, plane rides, road trips, or BBQ party with the family – whatever you do, you can express it easily. Haakaa silicone pump is BPA, PVC, and Phthalate free, so you can safely use it for your baby’s milk. This pump can be used as soon as you need it since it does not require any rechargeable battery or electric power. Extract milk as long as you want.
This Haakaa Breast Pump Manual Breast Pump Silicone Pump with Flower Stopper Combo is one of the great products that support lactating. It will allow mothers to pump and express easily and effectively. It is 100% food grade and very simple to use. If you choose this Haakaa pump, you will love and enjoy your lactating life.
- Lightweight – the product weighs 240g
- Portable breast pump – this pump can be carried anywhere and pumping can be done without worries
- Easy to use – just like other silicone breast pump, using this product is very straightforward and does not require too much effort
- Easy to clean – you can clean this pump with the dishwashing liquid that you are using at home and make sure to sterilize it after
- Adjustable – it can fit different breast sizes
Together with the silicone breast shield is a stopper that perfectly fits at the top of the pump. You can keep your pumped breastmilk inside the pump without worrying about accidental spills. Because it is easy to use, you can give your child the most natural milk that she will need while being away from her.
While many moms are enjoying the benefits of single breast pumps, others love the ideas of double electric breast pumps more. Since you can do the pumping with both breasts at the simultaneously, you can speed up the expression – making it perfect for busy moms and those mothers who have two or more babies at home.
- USB Rechargeable Battery Pack – nothing to worry when you have no access with electric power since you can charge this pump using your power bank
- Double pumps – you can save 50% of your time because you can express with both breast simultaneously
- Portable – bring it anywhere and enjoy the comfort of pumping while away from home
- Adjustable settings – it features 3 pumping modes and 8 levels of massage mode so you can choose the best setting for you
- Easy to clean – it is safe to clean using any dishwashing liquid available at home
Choosing this YIHUNION double electric breast pump is a great choice. You can enjoy its soft night light function so you can feed or change the diaper at quiet night without disturbing your child or husband. There are 3 expression modes and 8 levels of massage so you can choose the best setting for your comfortable and relaxing pump. This electric pump is powered by a built-in battery with 1200mAh capacity. You can use this pump around 6 times after fully charging it. This is one of the pumps that features a USB rechargeable battery, making it on the go wherever you are.
Maymom’s commitment is to provide the best product when it comes to lactating moms. This company believes that a breast shield is an important factor with the total comfort and convenience of pumping. This Maymom Breast Pump Kit for Medela Pump in Style Advanced Pumps comes with two 25mm breast shields to offer more comfort to many lactating mothers. There are other sizes available to fit your breast size and you can purchase them from Maymom.
- Lightweight – this product weighs 90.7g which makes it the lightest pump among the list
- Affordable – it is one of the cheapest options in the market, but definitely a great buy
- Portable – bring it anywhere you want and pump milk whenever you wish
- Easy to use – if you are using it for the first time, the manual is very easy to understand
- Easy to clean – you can clean it with any dishwashing liquid available at home
One of the best features of this Maymom breast pump kit is the design of the valve which allows your milk to flow easier into the bottle. This is a BPA-free pump that is 100% safe to use for any lactating mother.
What is a Breast Pump?
This is a mechanical device that is used by many lactating mothers around the world. This device helps in extracting milk from the mother’s milk so they can feed their baby while being away from them. There are many reasons why mothers love using the breast pumps:
In this modern world, most moms don’t just stay at home and look after their children. Many mothers are working to help their husbands with supporting their families. This is one of the reasons why breast pumps were created. When a lactating mom resumes working, breast pumping is used to save their milk while at home and will later bottle-feed to their child. Some moms do this even while at work. Since breastmilk is the primary option for baby’s foods, it is natural that mothers save it for their babies.
Having a child does not mean you can produce a significant amount of breastmilk. Not every mother is given the opportunity to breastfeed her baby. But as much as possible, she wanted to do it. Women with a low supply of milk use breast pumps to stimulate lactation. Though a mother cannot provide breast milk after giving birth, she has the chance to breastfeed her baby when stimulation using breast pumps will work.
These challenges can be found from both the mother and the child. From the mother’s side, she will need a milk extractor if separation from her child is necessary such as intensive care. Some babies are not healthy enough to be discharged from the hospital together with their mother due to some complications. With this, moms will need to suction their milk so they can continue feeding their babies. Mothers also use breast pumps if they experience pain because breastmilk is overfull. To ease the pain, they will need to extract the milk from their best breasts and save it for future bottle feeding.
While challenges of the child are difficult latching or the child cannot extract sufficient milk from the mother’s breast.
Many hospitals encourage mothers to donate an amount of their breast milk, and using breast pumps is the easiest way to achieve this. Donated milk is available in milk collection banks and it is available for babies who cannot receive milk from their moms.
A breast pump can massage the mother’s breast so that milk can flow smoothly as soon as she feeds her child.
Single Breast Pump VS Double Breast Pump
The explanation about single and double breast pumps are very straightforward. The single has one pump, while the double has two pumps. That’s how simple it is.
How these breast pumps function is very easy to understand as well. If you choose to use the single breast pump, you can suction one breast at a time. While with the double breast pump, you can choose to suction a single breast or both breasts at the same time. This is the reason why many mothers love using double pumps. This product is a great investment especially if you are lactating regularly or you’re expected to be away from your child most of the time, which is the case for working moms.
But a single breast pump is still a good choice if you are planning to suction occasionally, you just need it to extract breastmilk for future use, or you wish to suction the other side while lactating your child.
What Types of Breast Pumps are There?
Some moms may not know about this, but best breast pumps have 4 main categories. They are the following:
- Hospital grade breast pumps – the name itself will tell you where you can often find this type of pump. Hospital-grade breast pump is commonly heavy, but it has powerful motors that can suction a large amount of breastmilk in a minute. A hospital-grade breast pump can extract milk from the mother’s breast quickly and they are generally quiet when used. But this breast pump comes with a big size and a heavyweight, making it hard to transfer from one place to another. Most of the hospital grade breast pumps are rented since they are expensive and it costs around $1000.
- Electric breast pumps – this is the most popular type for many moms. Electric breast pumps are light, portable, adjustable for suction levels and speed, and it is very easy to use. Though some models of electric pumps will require electricity to use, others can be used with the help or rechargeable battery which you can use anywhere without worrying about an outlet. Electric pumps come with a carrying case and a cooler which you can use for transporting the milk collection. This type is available with both single and double breast pump. But the double pumps are a more preferred choice by lactating mothers.
- Wearable electric breast pumps – if you haven’t heard about this type of breast pump, you better check it out soon. Wearable breast pump is also called a hands-free breast pump. This product comes with a suction cups that perfectly fits both breasts, flanges, and milk bags. With a wearable breast pump, you can pump milk from your breast in any position or while doing other responsibilities at home.
- Manual breast pumps – manual pump works with the help of your hands. Manual breast pumps are easy to operate with your single hand. But with some models, you will need to use both hands to suction effectively. Manual breast pumps don’t have motor, that’s why they are small and quiet when used. This is a great choice for mothers who are traveling or doing the suction occasionally.
What are the Essential Components of a Breast Pump?
Every breast pump has the following components that are essential for its functions:
- Breast shield – this is also called flange and it is used to cup your breasts. Breast shields have different sizes, depending on the brand and the type of breast pump that you purchased. Some models offer multiple sizes for breast shield which you can try so you can decide which is the best for you. While other models come with additional sizes that you can purchase.
- Milk bottle or bag – your breast pump may come with either milk bottle or milk bag, and its main purpose is to store the milk that was extracted from your breasts.
- Power cord and source – for a single electric breast pump, a power source is referred to as the motor that is working to extract the milk from a mother’s breast. While for the manual breast pumps, a power source is referred to as the handle that you press when pumping milk.
When can you use a Breast Pump?
Best breast pumps are being recommended for mothers who have multiple children or a woman who needs to suction frequently, whether she is at home or work.
When it comes to the best time to use a breast pump, many doctors advise that you pump breast milk when lactating has been established. This commonly happens around 4 weeks after giving birth. But there are cases where the child needs to stay in the NICU for further observation or there are challenges with lactating. When you experience either of these cases, you don’t have to wait for a month before you can use the best breast pumps.
The most recommended time to do pumping sessions is after your first breastfeeding session for the day. This means it is best to use a breast pump in the morning. During this time, your breasts are still full of milk, so you will get a lot while pumping.
No one can tell when you should stop lactating and pumping sessions since it will depend on your situation. But the most recommended duration for exclusive lactating is after giving birth up to the 6th month of the child. If you wish to continue lactating behind that time, you are free to do so while starting to introduce her to solid foods. Breast Milk is the best for the child, which means the longer you can feed your child with your milk, the healthier she can be.
What are the Features to Consider in Good Breast Pumps?
Finding the good breast pumps for you and your child can be a little trouble. Since there are many choices available in the market, the following features must be considered for good breast pumps:
- How natural do you wish it to feel? You know very well that there are two types of breast pumps – the electric and the manual pump. Though there is no available breast pump that can offer the same feeling when your child feeds, there are motor or electric breast pumps that mimic the scenario a little closer. If you will do your research before buying a breast pump, you might get a device that will make you feel you are feeding your child while breast pumping.
- How often will you do the pumping sessions? If you are planning to do the pumping occasionally, then you can settle with the manual breast pump. But if you have foreseen that you will be pumping frequently, you should settle with an electric breast pump so you can have an easier and fast process.
- How much is your budget? Maybe you are aware that many baby products are expensive, and the best breast pumps are not an exemption. If you are tight with the budget, a manual pump is your cheapest option. But if you are willing to spend more, you can go for electric pumps for a better experience.
What is the best breast pump for first-time moms?
When you are trying to find the best breast pumps for new moms, you need to do it carefully. You will not only consider your needs but as well as the needs of your child. Most mothers have difficulty deciding which one is the best for their first child. But you don’t have to stress yourself and overthink about the best breast pump. All you need to do is educate yourself with the basic and important information that will help you with your purchase.
This is why you need to learn a few things about the breast pump. If you have the idea in mind about how it works, what are its benefits, and why do you need this as a first time mom, you don’t have to waste a lot of time finding the right product for you and your child. When you understand your options and why one product is better than the other, you are ready to choose the right pump for you.
Here are some of the basic guides in finding the best breast pump for you.
Whether you are a new mother or not, your child’s health must be your top priority when it comes to buying products for their use. If you choose the breast pump, you must guarantee that the product is free from any materials that could contaminate the milk and harm your child. As much as possible, choose a pump that has a closed to how your child sucks the milk when you do the lactating. This will give you the comfort and peace of mind since you know that your child is drinking safe breastmilk.
This is one of the considerations that will always be part of your decision making when it comes to buying baby’s accessories. Though many new moms are willing to spend when it comes to their child, it doesn’t always have to be the case always. Many good breast pumps are available in the market and the price won’t hurt your wallet that much. Be extra smart with buying products for your child. You don’t have to get the most expensive electric breast pump just to say that you are giving the best for your child.
User ratings and reviews can help when it comes to choosing which pump is best for you and your child. Word of mouth is very powerful, and you have to take advantage of online ratings and reviews before purchasing a breast pump.
In this review, it seems that the In Style Advanced Breast Pump with Tote by Madela got the highest ratings. Another popular choice for mothers is the Advanced Breast Pump since it is perfectly designed for traveling. One of the factors that made Madela’s product is the convenient Tote that comes with the pump. Mothers who travel a lot love it because they can use it with a baby in hand.
What Breast Pump is Easiest to Clean?
Cleaning is an important part of using a breast pump. But many moms are having struggles determining when and how to clean their pump kit. Since you are a pumping mom, you are expected to be always on the go. You can suction while waiting for your next meeting, playing dates, doing some errands, and many more. Since you are occupied with so many things and do the suction whenever you have the chance, there is no guarantee that you can get near the sink and clean your breast pump. That is why many moms get challenged when it comes to cleaning.
A breast pump can be cleaned easily if the parts can be easily assembled and disassembled. If you can carefully clean the device, you can ensure that there is no stagnant breastmilk or saliva left in any part of the pump. One of the best tips from the experts when it comes to cleaning a breast pump is to determine which part must be cleaned with a dishwasher and which part must be hand-washed. You can make use of micro steam sterilization bags to make sure that your breast pump is well-cleaned before you use it again. You can put your pumps inside the bag and heat them inside the microwave for better cleansing.
What is the Best Breast Pump for Low Milk Supply?
There is no accurate milk volume that a mother’s body can supply. It usually varies throughout the day, in a week, or a month. If your baby can be nursed on cue, you can maintain supply of your milk so it can accommodate the needs of your baby.
Milk supply is affected by many factors. When you are pumping either part-time or full-time, the output of your pumping could be an issue because of the following factors:
- Pumping can allow you to measure the amount of milk that your body can supply. If you can see a decrease with the pumping output, you start to worry without knowing it is still the normal variation.
- You will pressure yourself to pump a specific amount of milk for your baby each day. This step can be stressful and alarming if you cannot achieve your daily goal.
- No breast pump can extract milk from the breast effectively as how a baby does it. This means you cannot maintain the supply of your milk through pumping as much as lactating does. When a big percentage of your breast milk comes from pumping, that would mean you have to work harder with pumping to maintain your milk.
As soon as breast milk comes out from your body, it will start to follow the process of supply and demand. Every time a specific amount of milk is consumed by your child or through expressing, your breast will replace that same amount or even more. This is the reason why you should avoid giving your baby a bottle of formula milk. It can start reducing your supply milk since your body does not perform the process of supply and demand. When no milk is removed from your body, nothing will need to be replaced.
Another factor that affects the supply of your milk is the way you nurse your baby. If you can breastfeed your baby frequently, then the more milk your body can make. When your child doesn’t drink enough milk from you or does the lactating often, you have to express regularly so you can protect and maintain your milk.
Different Factors that Affect Milk Yield
Now that you have practiced using the breast pump that you purchased and it is working perfectly, these are the various factors that could affect your milk yield:
- Baby’s age
- Your manner of breastfeeding
- The time passed since your last breastfeeding/pumping
- The time of the day
- Your emotional state
- The storage capacity of your breast
- The quality and fit of your pump
Most mothers think that a stronger pump can suction yields more breastmilk, but that is not true. A very strong suction strength can cause discomfort to the lactating mother and this can stop the milk from flowing.
How to Increase Your Milk Supply
If you want to increase the milk of your body, you need to follow the following tips:
- Drink more water – since your body is giving out fluid, it is recommended that you take in more fluid as well. A normal person drinks 6-8 glasses of water each day. But if you are a lactating mother, you have to increase your consumption of up to 10 glasses of water daily.
- Nursing matters – the best way to increase your milk is to nurse your baby more often. When your child can suction milk from your breast often, just like how supply and demand works, your body will produce more milk as well to meet the needs of your baby.
- Teas and drinks – drinking healthy teas and drinks can help in increasing the supply of your milk.
- Eat right – a healthy diet is a must for lactating mothers. Remember that the nutrients from the foods that you eat will be passed to your baby. So, make sure to eat right while you breastfeed.
- Herbal supplements – several herbal supplements can help in increasing your milk supply. If you are not sure what to take, you can ask your doctor or pharmacist for a recommendation.
- Pumping – when you cannot breastfeed your baby often due to some reasons such as work, pumping can be a good alternative to keep and increase your milk.
If you are looking for the best breast pumps for low milk supply, we recommend Haakaa Silicone breastfeeding pump as the best pump for low milk because it effectively provides aid for those mothers who are encountering low milk for their babies. Many trusted consultants and lactating mothers recommend this Haakkaa pump – whether they prefer a manual one or they need a back-up pump.
The Haakaa Silicone Breastfeeding Manual Breast Pump is made from a good-grade silicon material that is soft and comfortable. This pump is very easy to use and you will not have any trouble when it comes to maintenance. Since it is lightweight and low-maintenance, Haakaa manual breast pump can be your breast pump during travels, vacations, or parties. You don’t have to worry about staying out for too long or being away from your baby because you can express whenever or wherever you want. You can keep it inside your handbag or baby bag without worrying about space and weight.
With this Haakaa Silicone Breastfeeding Manual Breast Pump, you can suction your one breast while you are feeding your baby in the other breast. It has a very simple suction mechanism that requires less effort and free from pain. This quiet pump can also be used during bedtime or even in public places since it won’t make a sound that can get attention.
When it comes to cleaning, this Haakaa breast pump is safe to clean in the dishwasher. How to clean the product is very straightforward and you won’t spend much time preparing it for your next pumping. This suction kit is 100% safe for the mother, baby, and the environment. It is certified BPA-free, which makes it safe to use over time. Haakaa Silicone Breastfeeding Manual Breast Pump is the best manual pump at an affordable price while providing great help and value to lactating mothers who are stressed and worried about low milk.
If you are still asking about how you will know the best breast pump for you and your baby, you must determine how you will use it. If you are planning to use the breast pump frequently, an expensive model of an electric breast pump can make your life comfortable and easy. But if you only wish to use it occasionally, such as making a bottle so your babysitter can feed your baby or while you are traveling, then you can settle for a more affordable manual pump. Some mothers get two types – the electric pump to be used a few times a day, and the manual pump for travel. As soon as you decide on the brand and model, you need to spend some time learning and getting yourself familiar with how the pump works. If you are comfortable and ready to use it according to your plan, a breast pump can bring a significant change, comfort, and convenience as a parent.